September 12, 2016 - Timpson ISD Bear Update
Weekly Calendar of Events –
- Monday, September 12 – TES Book Fair Week Begins (Sept. 12 – 16)
- Monday, September 12 – Grades Due
- Tuesday, September 13 – TISD Board Meeting – Administration Building @ 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 13 – TES Grandparent Lunch – 3rd Grade @ 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 13 – Volleyball vs. San Augustine (District Game) – Away @ 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 13 – High School Progress Reports Sent Home
- Wednesday, September 14 – TES Grandparent Lunch – 2nd Grade @ 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 14 – Middle School Report Cards Sent Home
- Thursday, September 15 – TES Grandparent Lunch – 1st Grade @ 11:10 a.m.
- Thursday, September 15 – TES Ice Cream Social @ 4:30 p.m./Elem. Parents Pick Up Progress Reports
- Thursday, September 15 – JV/Jr. High Football vs. Hawkins – Away - JH@5:00 p.m. & JV@6:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 16 – TES Grandparent Lunch - Pre-K @ 12:10 p.m.
- Friday, September 16 – Volleyball vs. Carlisle – Away @ 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 16 – Football vs. Hawkins – Home @ 7:30 p.m.
Football Admission Prices – Football game admission prices for the 2016 year will be five dollars for adults and three dollars for students at Friday night High School varsity games and three dollars for adults and two dollars for students at Thursday evening games for junior varsity and junior high games.
Remediation Days – Timpson ISD has five remediation/enrichment days scheduled at the end of each of the first five six weeks periods.
Dates for these days are:
October 3 – Monday
November 14 – Monday
January 20 – Friday
March 6 – Monday
April 24 – Monday
These dates are also indicated on the 2016-2017 school calendar on the district website at www.timpsonisd.com. Students who will attend are those with:
- Two or more unexcused absences
- Two or more discipline referrals
- Academic Need
Students will attend school on those days from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Parents will be responsible for transporting students to and from school. Meals will not be served. The purpose of these days is to provide students with the opportunity to make up for unexcused absences and to work with students individually and in small groups to ensure students have mastery of learning skills needed to be successful in their grade level subjects and on state assessment skills. A note will be sent home to parents of students who need to attend remediation days the week of or the week before the remediation day. If you have questions, please call your child’s building principal.