September 15, 2016 - Timpson ISD Football Stadium Rules - This week will be Timpson High School’s first varsity home football game for the 2016-17 school year. We will be playing Hawkins. We want everyone to feel safe and have an enjoyable Friday night football experience. Listed below are the stadium rules elementary students are expected to follow at all home games:
- All elementary students in grades PK-5 must be accompanied by an adult. A high school student is not considered an adult in this instance. Elementary students may not be dropped off at games.
- Students may not bring footballs to the game.
- Students must sit down in stadium seats. Standing on the bleachers will block the walkway and/or vision of other spectators.
- No running or horseplay will be allowed.
- Students may go to the restroom or concession stand unaccompanied by an adult but must remain in the stands with an adult the rest of the time.
- Students running, throwing objects, wrestling, horse playing, and/or loitering will be sat on the fence until the parent/guardian is found. Then, they will only be allowed to stay at the game if they sit by the adult responsible for them the remainder of the game.
- No one is allowed on the track during football games.
- No one is allowed on the field during the game. Personnel will open the gates to the field after the game when spectators are allowed on the field.
- Uncooperative or unruly students will be taken to their parents which may result in being escorted out of the stadium. They may also be banned from the stadium for the remainder of the season.
Please make sure that any students under your care are aware of and adhere to these rules. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 936-254-2463.
Bubba Carrington, Principal
FFA Attends Leadership Day - (Submitted by Kristin Powers) Timpson FFA members attended Pineywoods District Leadership Day at the Nacogdoches Exposition Center on September 13th. Students participated in leadership workshops, FFA opening and closing ceremonies and meet fellow FFA members through the District. Students that attended Leadership Day: April Ramsey, Morgan Knippers, Chelsea Hall, Luke Linebarger, Koriana Eaden-Young, Kyle Bush, Harlie Ware, Kayleigh Wolf, Erica Renick, Olivia Daniel, Kaden Arvello and Cassidy Clifton.
Lady Bear Volleyball - (Submitted by Coach Jourden) On Tuesday night the Lady Bear Varsity Volleyball Team played their second District game in San Augustine. The Lady Bears won in convincing fashion 3-0. They are now 2-0 in district . They play next on Friday in Carlisle. Good luck Lady Bears and keep it up!!
On Wednesday the Lady Bear Cross Country Team competed at the Broaddus Meet. The Varsity team placed 4th overall out of 20 teams, while the JV and the JH teams were champions of the meet!! Medalist from the meet:
- Varsity - Sadie Ramsey 3rd (out over 130 girls)
- JV - Kamryn Courtney 1st, Brylee Behrens 7th, Kayleigh Timmons 14th, and Sara Duke 15th
- JH - Amiyah Soto 1st, Jaycee Campbell 2nd, Denia Venegas 4th, Harlie Ware 10th (out of 121 girls).
Congrats to all the Lady Bears who work hard and performed great!
More Lady Bear Volleyball – (Submitted by Coach Foster) The Lady Bear JV Volleyball team played a hard fought match Tuesday night vs San Augustine. The Lady Bears fell short in a best 2 out of 3 sets. The girls continue to improve every day. Our Coaching staff couldn't me more proud. I want to thank Coach Teresa Jourden and Coach Ramsey for their hard work and dedication.