Meeting designed to gather input on future projects
July 27, 2020 – A virtual public hearing is scheduled Tuesday, July 28, beginning at 10 am to discuss the development of the 2021 Unified Transportation Program. A virtual public meeting was also held on July 7. The 2021 UTP could be considered for adoption at the August TxDOT Commission meeting in Austin.
The full 2021 UTP document can be viewed here: https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/get-involved/unified-transportation-program.html. The public can join the meeting by clicking the link and also submit a comment form online.
The UTP is TxDOT’s 10-year plan to guide transportation development for future construction projects and related activities. The UTP is an important part of guiding project development, but is not a budget or a guarantee that projects will be built.
“While future development of Interstate 69 is unquestionably a priority in East Texas, the Lufkin District must still balance all of its transportation needs. The UTP helps us to do that,” said Rhonda Oaks, public information officer for the Lufkin District. “We want the public to always be involved in the planning process and this virtual event gives everyone that opportunity.”
Projects listed in Fiscal Year 2021-2024 estimated let date range include:
- US 59, Angelina County: Upgrade between FM 2021 and SL 287
- US 59, Polk County: Construction of the Corrigan Relief Route
- US 59, San Jacinto County: Upgrade between FM 2914 and Liberty County Line
- SH 105, San Jacinto County: Widen from two to four lanes between Montgomery County Line to Montgomery County Line
- US 259, Rusk County Line: Add continuous two-way left turn lane between SH 204 and Rusk County Line
- US 96, Shelby County: Construct passing lanes between Center and San Augustine County
- US 96, Sabine County: Widen from two to four lanes between Pineland and Spur 414
Projects listed in the Fiscal Year 2025 to 2030 estimated let date range include:
- US 69, Angelina County: Add continuous two-way left turn lane between FM 326N to 3 miles south of FM 326N
- US 59/US 259 North Interchange, Nacogdoches County: Upgrade to interstate standards (Future I-69)
- US 59, San Jacinto County: Upgrade to interstate standards (Future I-69) between Shepherd and the Trinity River