February 10, 2020 - The National Forests and Grasslands in Texas is waiving day-use fees at recreation sites Monday, February 17 for Presidents’ Day.
“We hope this free day offers an incentive to all people to experience the great outdoors in our forests and grasslands,” Forest Supervisor Eddie Taylor said.
Camping fees remain in effect, but day-use fees will be waived on February 17 at these recreation areas and trails:
- Angelina National Forest – Caney Creek and Townsend.
- Sabine National Forest – Haley’s Ferry, East Hamilton, Indian Mounds, Lakeview and Willow Oak.
- Davy Crockett National Forest – Ratcliff Lake and Piney Creek Horse Trail.
- Sam Houston National Forest – Double Lake, Stubblefield, Cagle boat ramp, Scotts Ridge boat ramp and the Multi-Use Trail.
- Caddo and Lyndon B. Johnson National Grasslands – Coffee Mill Lake, East Lake Crockett, Black Creek Lake.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.fs.usda.gov/texas