November 9, 2022 - Veterans Day, November 11, is a time for all Americans to pay their respects to those who have served our country. One day to stand united in respect for ALL veterans, past and present. We celebrate and honor America’s Veterans for their patriotism, love of country, willingness to serve, and sacrifice for the common good.
Traditionally, Shelby County Memorial Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8904 does not hold a program on this day. Instead, we join with the local schools that are hosting an event to honor this day.
Programs known are:
- Thursday, November 10, 10 am - Center - Center HS Gym. Special seating for Veterans
- Thursday, November 10, 10 am - Timpson - Timpson ISD Event Center. Veterans are asked to assemble in the foyer of the Event Center at 9:30 a.m. Lunch for Veterans and spouses will be provided.
- Friday, November 11, 9 am - Joaquin - Joaquin HS Gym. Special seating for Veterans. Student council hosting a breakfast reception in the HS library for veterans and family following.
- Friday, November 11, 9 am - Tenaha - The Beta Club in conjunction with the Elementary School hosting the program in the cafeteria.
- Friday, November 11, 9:30 am - Shelbyville - Third grade students will host the program in the Shelbyville ISD Cafeteria.
We encourage every citizen of Shelby County, especially military veterans to join us in attending one of these programs. The students put in a lot of time and effort to make our local veterans feel special and if you’ve never attended you will be glad you did.