February 17, 2021 - Looking to pick up some CEU hours while learning about Feral Hogs, Bull Buying, Sprayer Calibration, Pond Weed Management, Strategies for Sustaining Pastures and Beef Production, Fence Laws and more? The Agriculture Producers Virtual Lunch & Learn would be perfect for you. There will be lots of good information for those who don’t need CEU hours as well.
Join us online from noon to 1pm each month through July. Registration is $20 and includes all 6 programs and 4 TDA CEU Credits. Registration deadline for the first meeting is February 19th. Complete form and return for meeting link.
- February 24 - "Control Options of Feral Hogs and Current Research" (1 IPM), Dr. John Tomecek, Assistant Professor and Extension Wildlife Specialist and Chair-Elect of National Wild Pig Task Force.
- March 31 - "Bull Buying 10 Commandments," Donnell Brown, Owner R.A. Brown Ranch
- April 28 - "Sprayer Calibration" (1 General), Dr. Mark Matocha, Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist with the Ag. and Environmental Safety Unit
- May 19 - "IPM Pond Weed Management" (1 IPM), Brittany Chesser, Aquatic Vegetation Program Specialist
- June 30 - "IPM Strategies for Sustainable Pastures and Beef Production" (1 IPM), Dr. Monte Roquette, TAMU Regents Fellow and Professor
- July 28 - "Texas Fence Laws," Tiffany Dowell Lashmet, J.D., Agricultural Law Specialist Department of Agricultural Economics
This program is hosted by: Cherokee, Henderson, Rusk, Shelby and Smith Counties.
Questions? Please contact the Henderson Co. Extension Office at 903-675-6132.
The members of Texas A&M AgriLife will provide equal opportunities in programs and activities, education, and employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and will strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout Texas A&M AgriLife. The Texas A&M University System, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the County Commissioners Courts of Texas Cooperating Anyone needing special assistance at an Extension Program should contact the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension office of Shelby County at (936) 598-7744 at least two weeks prior to the program or event.