August 8, 2020 - A Regular Meeting of the Board of Trustees of Center ISD will be held August 11, 2020, beginning at 12:00 PM in the Center Independent School District Administration Boardroom 107 PR 605 Center, TX 75935.
Due to health and safety concerns related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), this meeting will be conducted by videoconference. A quorum of the Board could be participating by videoconference in accordance with the provisions of Sections 551.125 or 551.127 of the Texas Government Code that have not be suspended by order of the Governor.
Members of the public may access open session portion of this meeting at: https://youtu.be/cMPgxGjYT9k.
Public comments related to this meeting will be handled as follows: Public comments may be submitted by phone by leaving a voice mail at (936) 598-1627 until 11:00 a.m. The audio comments will be played for the members of the Board or transcribed and read verbatim to the Board at the public comment section of the agenda. A modified version of the public comment regulation consistent with the Attorney General's guidance will remain in effect until the Governor's order on the suspension of certain portions of the Texas Open Meetings Act is lifted or modified.
Members of the public who desire to address the Board regarding an item on this agenda must comply with the registration procedures and modified regulation available on the District's website under "Modified Public Comment Regulation". For more information about public comments, see policy BED.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below.
Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice.
1. Call Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum
2. Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance
3. Public Comments/Audience Participation
4. Recognition of CHS Debate Team
5. Recognition of CISD Employees
6. Consideration to Approve the Notice for a Public Meeting to Discuss Budget and Proposed Tax Rate on August 26, 2020
7. Consent Agenda
7. 1. Minutes
7. 2. Tax Office Report
7. 3. Monthly Financial Statement
7. 4. Payment Approval
7. 5. Investment Report
7. 6. Overnight Student Activity Trips
7. 7. Amendments to the Budget
7. 8. Applications for Federal Program Grant Funds with Texas Education Agency: Every
Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) and CARES Act's Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF)
8. Discussion and Consideration to Approve Revised Local Policies (EI, FEC and FFAA)
9. TASB Update 115
10. Review Bond Project and Budget
11. Closed Session
11. 1. Resignation/Retirement of Personnel
11. 2. Employment of Personnel
11. 3. Extended Emergency Sick Leave
12. Open Session
12. 1. Resignation/Retirement of Personnel
12. 2. Employment of Personnel
12. 3. Extended Emergency Sick Leave
If, during the course of the meeting, discussion of any item on the agenda should be held in a closed meeting, the Board will conduct a closed meeting in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Government Code, Chapter 551, Subchapters D and E or Texas Government Code section 418.183(f). Before any closed meeting is convened, the presiding officer will publicly identify the section or sections of the Act authorizing the closed meeting. All final votes, actions, or decisions will be taken in open meeting.