A group photo of all the students who competed at the Texas JR Beta Convention in Grapevine.
February 28, 2018 - Center MS Beta Living Literature Team, sponsored by Matt Haddox, will compete at the national convention following a second place finish at the Living Literature Competition in Grapevine on February 8.
The Living Literature competition provides an opportunity for students to present their interpretation of a scene from a favorite work of literature. With help from adults, the students build a set where the students pose for up to 5 minutes with no movement. Essentially, students become “wax museum figures” of the characters they represent.
They are judged on several aspects of their performance such as:
- Choice of selection – Originality, literary merit, correct title, actual single scene from literature
- Interpretation of the scene
- Authenticity of costumes – attention to detail
- Pose – expression, attitude, and ability to maintain character
- Poster – explain scene, eye catching, neatness while containing title, author and school
A video of their performance for spectators by Bounds AV.