May 12, 2022 - The City Council of Joaquin will meet for a Regular Scheduled Council Meeting on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 6pm at The Joaquin City Hall located at 124 N. Preston Street, Joaquin, Texas.
The following items are on the agenda for appropriate action:
1. Call to Order:
2. Roll Call: To establish a quorum
4. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
5. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items, or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizen’s Input Form maybe filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
6. Department Head Reports:
a. Utility Billing Manager Report – Monthly Receipts
b. Public Works Manager Report
c. City Secretary Report
7. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approving the previous months minutes.
8. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approving the financials.
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approving to Execute Interlocal Agreement to Participate in the Shelby County Hazard Mitigation Plan Update.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider awards.
11. Executive Session:
Consider entering executive session personnel Matters with possible action related thereto upon reconvening in open session in accordance with Government Code Section 551.074.
12. Council reconvenes & possible action: Possible actions on matters discussed in executive session.
13. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matter not on the agenda will be made at this time.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
The agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the Open Meetings Act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-269-3021.