August 12, 2022 - The City Council of Joaquin will meet for a Regular Scheduled Council Meeting on Tuesday, August 16, 2022 at 6 p.m. at the Joaquin City Hall located at 124 N. Preston Street, Joaquin, Texas.
The following items are on the agenda for appropriate action:
1. Call to Order:
2. Roll Call: To establish a quorum
4. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
5. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items, or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizen’s Input Form maybe filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
6. Department Head Reports:
b. Public Works Manager Report
c. City Secretary Report
7. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approving the previous months minutes.
8. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approving the financials.
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action with the sealed bids for the interior painting of Community Center.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action with the sealed bids for the cleaning of Community Center.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take possible action on adjustment on a customer’s bill.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take possible action on discontinuing Doxo services.
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take possible action on Order of Notice, Special Election to be held on November 8, 2022. To Legalize: “The legal sale of malt beverages and wine for off-premise consumption only.”
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take possible action on accepting bids for repairs for the Old Bank Building.
15. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matter not on the agenda will be made at this time.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
The agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the Open Meetings Act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-269-3021.
Posted by Casey Davis on August 11, 2022 at 4 p.m.