April 16, 2020 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 21st day of April, 2020 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices: City of Timpson supported the Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center by contributing $529.15 to the agency.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report:
B. Police Department Report:
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of March, there were 17 citations issued and 28 violations, 1 to juveniles, and 2 to minors. The total amount generated for the City was approx. $4,553.52
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, Council Member Charleston Johnson completed the Open Meetings Act and the Public Information Act on-line courses.
Notifications were mailed via certified letter, to Waste Connections informing of the City’s non-renewal of the contract and acknowledgment of receipt was received by the District Manager.
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on March 17, 2020
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of March, 2020
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – March, 2020
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (9 –10)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider received bids for the City lawn care contract, effective April 22, 2020 thru April 21, 2021.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of Resolution-396, authorizing Execution of a letter of waiver for payments in lieu of taxes for the Housing Authority of Timpson, that have accrued through March 31, 2020.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.