February 13, 2020 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 18th day of February, 2020 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report:
B. Police Department Report:
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of January, there were 13 citations issued and 17 violations, 0 to juveniles, and 1 to a minor. The total amount generated for the month was $4,476.00.
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, Spanish Trail Ride will be at SoSo Park Saturday, February 22nd. Timpson ISD decided not to make any changes to the one-way ordinance on Pecan St. February 14th was the last day to file for a place on the Ballot, we have 1 packet turned in from Council Member Alexander for City Council and 1 packet turned in from Mayor Smith. Feb 18, at 5:00 PM is deadline to file a declaration of Write-in Candidacy.
UP-COMING ELECTION DATES:
Feb 18, 2020 – Last day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy
April 20, 2020 – First Day of Early Voting
April 20, 2020 – Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
April 28, 2020 – Last Day of Early Voting
May 2, 2020 – Last Day to receive Ballot by Mail
May 2, 2020 – Election Day
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on Jan. 21, 2020
B. Notice that Special Meeting scheduled for February 4th failed due to lack of quorum.
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of January 2020
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – January 2020
E. Consider approval of garbage rate increase of 2.2% for Commercial services
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (9 –15)
9. Discuss and take action: Due to the failed special meeting council needs to adopt a resolution to hold the council meetings at the Timpson Public Library OR vote to rescind the vote from January meeting to hold the City Council Meetings at the Timpson Library.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of 8 members of the Fire Dept to attend the annual Livingston Fire School, total cost of $1,000.00 to come from the Fire Dept account.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider the approval of funds for the department to purchase and update protection gear, costs totaling approximately $14,000 to come from the Fire Dept account.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and re-consider the motion to no longer offer temporary utility service, with the exception of rental property owners.
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider Ordinance prohibiting 18-wheelers to Park on City streets.
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider returned check policy for City utility payments.
15. Discuss and POSSIBLY TAKE ACTION: This item will only be discussed in the event the City Secretary has not received more than 2 packets as of Friday 2/14/2020 for council
AND NO ONE
submits their name as a WRITE IN CANDIDATE according to election policy by 5 PM on Tuesday, February 18, 2020. Discuss and notify the public that the May 2nd City Election is being canceled because all candidates having filed by the deadline are unopposed.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.