January 12, 2023 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on the 17th day of January, 2023 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the city Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. City Secretary:
The Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the ballot for the May 6th General Election and Special Election was posted on December 19, 2022 at City Hall. The first day to file for a place on the ballot is tomorrow, January 18, 2023 and packets are available at City Hall. The last day to submit applications, in person or by mail, is February 17, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
IMPORTANT 2023 ELECTION DATES:
File for Place on the Ballot: Jan 18 – Feb 17, 2023
Early Voting: April 24 - May 2, 2023
Election Day: May 6, 2023
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of Minutes from the Regular Meeting held November, 2022
B. Consider approval of Minutes from the EDC Meeting held November 14, 2022
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the months of November and December, 2022
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the months of November, December, 2022 and January, 2023
E. Consider approval for the set of 6 tires that were purchased by the TVFD in the amount of $1,617.99, that has been paid out of the City’s budget that is allocated for the fire dept.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (9-14)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval for the TVFD to purchase 5 radio's from Nalcom in the amount of $8,859, from the City’s FD allocated budget.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval for the TVFD to replace tires on Truck 3 and Truck 4 with the funds coming from the City’s FD allocated budget.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval for the TVFD to purchase PPE, boots, gloves, SCBA tanks and fire hose from Dalmatian Fire and Casco up to $10,000 from TVFD Savings account.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval for TVFD to attend training in Livingston, funds coming from fire dept (reimbursed by Texas Forest Service), and funds for hotel accommodations for one night, if needed, coming from the city budget.
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider entering an agreement with Schneider Engineering to over-see the city’s Public Utility Commission’s annual requirements for the ERCOT/NERC reports and deadlines.
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval for the TVFD to apply for a fire fighters assistance grant through FEMA.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.