July 14, 2022 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 19th day of July, 2022 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations and Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns, Timpson St. project and 3rd St. culvert updates.
B. City Secretary: Budget workshops are scheduled for July 18-20 and Aug 4-5th.
If Council Members are interested in participating, contact me for specific dates and time.
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of Minutes from the Regular Meeting held June 21, 2022
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of June, 2022
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the month of June, 2022
Regular Agenda Items (9-14)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider leaving the council seat vacant, appointing someone, or calling a special election.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approving the Resolutions to replace Kyle Allen with Charleston Johnson signatures on accounts at Austin Bank: Timpson Vol Fire Dept ***6114 and ***6221, CBDG Grant ******7416, Electric ***226, Water Sewer ***320, Streets ******7028, Woodlawn Cemetery***621 and ***4759, Gen Checking **2382, Gen Sav **3653, Elect Util Dep **2226, Court Tech ******9149, EDC ******7085, Payroll ***3892, and Safe Deposit Boxes **0401 and **1304; American State Bank: Acct *1406, Acct *1414, Acct *1415, Acct 1416.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider removing Charlotte Broadway as a signatory for the City safe deposit box #281304, leaving Debra Smith, Misty Burgess and Paula Mullins as signatories and closing the Crime Stopper’s safe deposit box #280401.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approving the recommendation of the Selection Review Committee to award by resolution, Traylor and Associates as the administrative consultant for application preparation, project administration and project-related management services, if awarded, for funding through the 2022 TxCDBG-Fire, Ambulance, and Service Truck (FAST) Fund Program to provide application preparation and project implementation.
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take possible action to approve a Resolution authorizing the submittal of a 2022 TxCDBG-Fire, Ambulance and Service Truck FAST) Fund application to the Texas Department of Agriculture, authorizing the Mayor to act as the City’s executive officer and authorized representative in all matters pertaining to the city's participation in the Texas Community Development Block Grant Program.
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and approve Public Utility Commission agreement to pay $5,600 due in penalty fees for not filing an annual report for 2019-2021.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.