January 13, 2022 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 18th day of January, 2022 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations and Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
Public Works Report:
City Secretary: The CDBG Grant was awarded to the City in the amount of $317,286.00, which $15,110.00 is the City’s 5% match portion. These funds will be used rehabilitate lift stations 3 and 4.
The Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot for the May 7, 2022 General Election was posted on December 20, 2021. The first day to file for a place on the ballot, January 19, 2022 and the last day will be February 18, 2022 by 5:00 pm.
IMPORTANT 2022 ELECTION DATES:
File for Place on the Ballot: Jan 19 – Feb 18, 2022
Last day to File a Declaration of Write-in Candidacy: Feb 22, 2022
Early Voting: April 25 - May 3, 2022
Election Day: May 7, 2022
7. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held November 16, 2021
B. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Special Meeting held November 29, 2021
C. Consider approval of Financial Statements for the months of November and December 2021
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the months of November and December 2021
E. Consider approval of the License Agreement and Real Estate Sales Contract for the City property sold to Capstone Enterprises, LLC.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (8-13)
8. Discuss and take action: Order of Notice, General Election to be held on May 7th, 2022 to elect two City Council Members and Mayor.
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of the construction contractor the EDC Board selected for the Timpson St. project.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider soliciting bids to demolish and remove the Cobb building on the corner of Jacob St. and Hwy 59.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider purchasing a 40 ft. storage container in the amount of $5,000 plus shipping costs from Brad Nachman in Center.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider taking bids to sandblast and paint the adjacent cinder block building to City Hall.
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of the TISD nominee of Mayor Debra Smith to the Shelby County Appraisal District Board of Directors.
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of Ordinance 2022118-01, providing the closure, vacation and abandonment of a portion of public right-of-way; providing for the terms and condition of such abandonment.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.