July 15, 2021 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 20th day of July, 2021 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
Public Works Report
City Secretary: Budget meetings will be held July 26 – Aug 3, Council Members are welcome to attend – contact City Secretary for specific department date and time.
August 17th: City Council Meeting, Council to review Preliminary Budget and proposed tax rate.
August 29th: Mayor submits proposed 2021-2022 Budgets to City Secretary (Deadline for the proposed budgets must be filed at least 30 days PRIOR to adopting the City Tax Rate and 2020-21 Final Budget. Final Budget has to be adopted prior to 9/30.)
September 21st: City Council Meeting, Council to adopt the Final Budget and first reading of Ordinances to adopt budget and tax rate
September 22nd: Copy of final budget needs to be filed with City Secretary
September 27th: City Secretary files final budget with County Clerk
October 1st: New fiscal year begins
7. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held June 15, 2021
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of June 2021
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the month of June 2021
Regular Agenda Items (8-10)
8. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider accepting bids for tree trimming along electric lines throughout the city.
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval of Resolution 20210720-01, authorizing the City Secretary to complete submission for the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Funds, provided by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, and act as the authorized representative for the City of Timpson.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider authorization for the City of Timpson to issue requests for proposals (RFP) for administrative services and requests for qualifications (RFQs) for professional services for the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.