September 15, 2022 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 20th day of September, 2022 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns, Street Project update
B. City Secretary: The first draw both the CDBG and DRP Grants have been direct deposited into the Grants account. Update on the ARP second installment and FAST Grant. The Mennonites will have their annual tent revival on the square Monday, Oct. 10 – Sunday, Oct. 16th. Four “SLOW - children at play” signs have come in and will be put on Timpson St., Holly St., and at MLK Park.
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of Minutes from the Regular Meeting held August, 2022
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of August, 2022
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the month of September, 2022
Regular Agenda Items (9-19)
9. Discuss and take action: Ordinance 20220920-02 adopting the 2022-2023 Final Tax Rate of $0.3643 per $100 of value. This is the same rate as last year for the City of Timpson.
10. Discuss and take action: Ordinance 20220920-03 adopting the Final Budget for all departments and Funds for fiscal year 2022-2023.
11. Discuss and take action: Approve the 2022-2023 Holiday Schedule.
12. Discuss and take action: Cola Raises. Cost of living adjustment raises for all full-time employees in the Electric, Water/Sewer, and General Departments, effective October 1, 2022.
13. Discuss and take action: Designate the Light & Champion newspaper as the official printed news media for the City of Timpson, as required by TEX LOC. GOV’T CODE §52.004(a).
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action to approve Resolution #20220920-01 authorizing the Timpson Volunteer Fire Dept. to bill and receive fees for the purpose of cost recovery and enter into an agreement with Emergency Solutions, Inc.
15. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action to approve the quote from Duplichain for 2in piping on filter vent at City Hall water plant, in the amount of $3,900.
16. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action to approve the quote from Duplichain for 2 - 6in flange valve at the City Hall water plant, in the amount of $4,500.
17. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action to fill the vacant Council seat, per city attorney recommendation, through the seat term of May 2023.
18. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action to approve the agreement between the TVFD and Texas A&M Forest Service to obtain a 2004 cargo truck., using funds from the Fire Dept’s account for the required vehicle repairs and grant match of the slip on unit.
19. Discuss and take action: Discuss and possibly take action to approve the request from the Ambulance Service to have a chili cook-off at the gazebo, October 22nd.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.