October 16, 2017 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 17th day of October, 2017 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith. Update on events planned at SoSo Park, along with the date of the ribbon cutting. There will be no Chamber sponsored Trunk or Treat this year but several different Churches are planning Halloween events.
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
6. Presentations & Recognition: The City of Timpson would like to present the Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center with a check in the amount of $584.97 (child safety fee) and recognize the Center for their efforts in Child Abuse Prevention through educational programs and events throughout the county. Robin Connell will be in attendance to accept the donation.
7. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of September 2017, there were 75 citations issued, 86 violations, 0 to juveniles and 6 to minors. Total amount reported $14,066.57 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $7,736.61. Judge Marilyn Corder completed her first official court in the month of September and is doing very well in her new position.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting that two door to door surveyors were hired on October 12, 2017. The surveys are required to complete the 2017-18 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program for the City of Timpson and will take about a week to complete. This Grant is for $275,000 and it will go toward needed repairs in the Water/Sewer Department. (Only two applications were turned in so no hiring decisions had to be made.) The surveyors will be working in the city limits beginning October 16th.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on September 18, 2017
B. Consider approval of the minutes of the special meeting held on September 28, 2017
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of September, 2017
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for September, 2017
Regular Agenda Items (10 –11)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: The Council will discuss securing Financial Auditing Services for the FY ending 9/30/17. Frank Campos was last years auditor and the Council will need to approve Frank Campos for 2016-17 or vote to advertise for bids of a Governmental agency with Grants totaling LESS THAN $500,000 *Requires a Single Audit compliant with OMB A-133.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.