September 11, 2019 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 17th day of September, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce:
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
Presentations & Recognition:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of August 2019, there were 52 citation issued, 61 violations, 0 to juveniles, and 7 to minors. Total amount reported is $4,881.79, the City’s portion is a 55% estimate of $2,684.98.
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, the dumpster will be here Saturday, Oct 5th. The Mennonites will have their Annual Tent Revival on the square Monday, Sept. 30 – Sunday, Oct. 6th.
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on August 20, 2019
B. Consider approval of Minutes from the Special Meeting held August 26, 2019
C. Consider approval of Minutes from the Special Meeting held Sept 5, 2019
D. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of August, 2019
E. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – August, 2019
F. Consider changing Paula Mullins title to Utility Billing Clerk, continuing the role of Municipal Clerk with her full payroll assigned to the Electric Department
G. Rescind Ordinance 20190820-1 to ensure Budget and Tax Rate are passed in accordance with State Law
H. Consider approval of process to receive Utility payments after-hours at Austin Bank
Regular Agenda Items (9 –14)
9. Discuss and possibly consider: Ordinance 20190917-1 adopting the Final Budget for all departments and Funds for fiscal year 2018-2019.
10. Discuss and possibly consider: Ordinance 20190917-2 adopting as the Final Tax Rate, the Proposed Tax Rate of .36000 per $100 of value. This is an increase of 4.803493 % for the City of Timpson.
11. Discuss and possibly consider: Approval for Paula Mullins to receive a pay rate increase of $1.20/hr for her move to Utility Billing Clerk. Increase to go into effect for the pay period ending Oct 4, 2019.
12. Discuss and possibly consider: Approval of a 2% COLA effective January 1, 2020 for all full time employees
13. Discuss and possibly consider: Election Law Seminar (Frisco) Jan 29-31, 2020
a) Approve registration expense $445
b) Approval of a $0.25 pay rate increase for City Secretary, Misty Burgess effective February 1, 2020 (pending completion of the Election Law Seminar (Jan 29-31, 2020)
14. Discuss and possibly consider: Approval to accept additional application or consider using a Temp Service to fill part time Municipal Court position.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.