July 1, 2016 - Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 5th day of July 2016 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
- Discuss and possibly take action: The Council will consider approving the EDC’s Bid appointment for the 2016 Street Project. This includes the repaving of one block of Todd, Bremond and Timpson Streets from US 59 to the concrete on Railroad Ave.
- Discuss and possibly take action: The Council will consider accepting the appointment of Debra Smith as EDC Treasurer. This will be depending on the EDC’s earlier decision.
- Discuss and possibly take action: The Council will consider closing the Special Police Account that was approved and opened by the previous Council.
- Discuss and possibly take action: The Council will consider approving the EDC spending $1,000.00 (as budgeted) on entertainment during Frontier Days as allowed by 4B tax.
- Discuss and possibly take action: The Council will consider the purchase of a new phone system for the city office.
- Discuss and take action: Accept the resignation of Robert Hairgrove as a paid police officer and change his status to a RESERVE OFFICER for the City of Timpson Police Department effective June30, 2016. The Council agrees to pay Robert Hairgrove, on or before July 8, 2016, for any hours owed to him for on duty hours or on call hours through June 30, 2016. Additionally unpaid Vacation hours that are “available for pay” as per the City’s Vacation Policy will be paid to Officer Hairgrove with his final check. The City of Timpson does not pay for any Sick Time that was not used during the year.