August 29, 2022 - Dear Local Business/Organization;
As a Staff Member at Excelsior ISD, I’m writing to let you know about our school’s upcoming Scholastic Book Fair.
Many local businesses and organizations see the Fair as a fun and exciting opportunity to give back to the community, and we’d like to invite you to be a sponsor.
What makes the Fair one of the best days of the year for kids? For starters, it offers the rare (and for younger kids, their very first!) chance to shop for themselves, whether it’s discovering a new genre or picking up the latest book in their favorite series. The Fair is also a place where inspiring connections are made—with characters, fellow fans, and a lifelong love of reading.
After two years of unexpected changes and shifts due to the pandemic, this year’s in-person Fair will be more welcome than ever! And that’s where local businesses and organizations like yours come in.
Excelsior ISD is an elementary school with 65 students. While the average cost of a book at the Fair is $8, many of our school families lack the financial means for even one purchase. Your donation will ensure every student can experience our special brand of #bookjoy with their classmates and leave the Fair with something they’ll love!
Here’s a look at how your sponsorship donations can make a meaningful difference:
- Sponsor 5 students with a $40 donation
- Sponsor 10 students with an $80 donation
- Sponsor 100 students with an $800 donation
- Sponsor the entire school with a donation of [$8 x 65 = $520]
Since our Book Fair starts on September 12th we hope to receive contributions before September 10th allowing
time to redeem before Fair ends on September 16th.
Ready to join us? Choose from one of the following options to donate:
- Online: Starting on September 12th, you can deposit funds directly into our school’s Scholastic Book Fair eWallet account by clicking here
- By mail: Send a check payable to Excelsior ISD at 11270 State Hwy 7 West, Center, Texas 75935 before September 10th.
I’m grateful for your consideration in supporting our school, and I hope you’ll reach out with any questions!
Book Fair Chairperson