In Response to COVID-19
August 14, 2020 (Click here for Mitigation Plan) - Excelsior ISD's Return to School Plan is outlined below. The first day of school is August 24, 2020.
- Parents and guardians are encouraged to drop-off/pick-up their student(s) when at all possible to increase social distance opportunities on buses.
- Students will not be allowed in the building before 7:00 a.m. each day.
- Every student’s temperature will be taken before they are allowed in the building. Do not drop your child off and leave before their temperature is taken.
- Based on our COVID plan guidelines, parents will not be allowed to walk their student inside the building. If you are driving your child to school, you will need to drop them off in the car drop-off line. We understand this will be difficult for some students…please begin talking to your child now in order to prepare them for the first day of school. Staff will be helping students to their classrooms.
- Details regarding our plans and procedures for returning to school are outlined in the attached document titled EISD Mitigation Plan. Please read it carefully.
- Meals will be available for *remote learners. You must call the school by 9:00 a.m. each day to order a meal. Meals will be available for pickup at the front office beginning at 11:00 a.m. You will receive a breakfast for the following day along with the lunch. (*Child must be enrolled in Excelsior ISD to receive meals.)