July 11, 2022 - Since the July 4 holiday the Joaquin Volunteer Fire Department (JVFD) has had three calls. In addition, we also have a list of all the lucky winners of our Multi-Item Raffle Fundraiser.
The calls for the week began with Wednesday, July 6 for a female in distress and in need of medical attention at the Nu Way on the Haslam Strip. Members of the JVFD Emergency Medical Response (EMR) team responded as well as Allegiance EMS and Shelby County Sheriff Deputies.
Next on Thursday, July 7 the JVFD was dispatched to a grass fire on County Road 3203. With the use of a brush truck and a few leaf blowers the fire was put out before spreading too far.
Lastly on Friday, July 8 the EMR team was dispatched to assist Allegiance EMS with a Covid patient in need of transport to a hospital. EMRs present on the scene wore personal protective equipment.
Now to announce the winners of our Multi-Item Raffle Fundraiser. The winners are as follows:
- Justin Webster won the Savage 110 Hog Hunter in .308 donated by Farmers State Bank with the 3x9 Burris Full Field Scope donated by Joaquin Tire.
- Norma Gene Bates won the Henry Big Boy Lever Action Rifle in .45 Long Colt with two boxes of ammo donated by High Roller Wells.
- Chance David won the Henry Classic Lever Action Rifle in .22 with special JVFD logo and “Do it for 524” slogan engraving on the stock donated by American State Bank.
- Bobby Register won the SCCY Arms Concealed Carry Pistol in 9mm with turquoise grips donated by Shelby Savings Bank.
- Derwin Howell won the 2-man Box Stand on 4 legs donated by Haslam Sales.
- Tommy Amox won the RTIC 65qt Cooler donated by Louisiana Pacific.
The Joaquin Volunteer Fire Department thanks all of our donors as well as everyone who purchased tickets toward our fundraiser. This concludes the weekly report, so until next time we hope everyone has a great week.