Early voting starts October 21, 2019 and ends November 1, 2019 between the hours of 8am and 4:30pm at the Shelby County Clerk's Office.
November 5, 2019 - In November 2019, Texas voters will decide on 10 proposals in a statewide constitutional amendment election. The first day of Early Voting is Monday, October 21, 2019 and ends Friday, November 1, 2019. Election day is Tuesday, November 5, 2019 with polls closing at 7pm.
- Proposition 1, Allows persons to serve as more than one appointed or elected municipal judge
- Proposition 2, Allows the Texas Water Development Board to issue up to $200 million in bonds
- Proposition 3, Authorizes temporary property tax exemption for disaster areas
- Proposition 4, Prohibits the state from levying an income tax on individuals
- Proposition 5, Dedicates revenue from the sales tax on sporting goods to parks, wildlife, and historical agencies
- Proposition 6, Authorizes the legislature to increase bonds for the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute
- Proposition 7, Increases distributions to the state school fund
- Proposition 8, Creates a Flood Infrastructure Fund
- Proposition 9, Authorizes property tax exemption for precious metals held in depositories
- Proposition 10, Allows for transfer of law enforcement animals to handlers or others if in animal's best interest
To learn more about the propositions, visit BallotPedia online at https://ballotpedia.org/Texas_2019_ballot_measures