January 20, 2023 - Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 25th day of January, 2023 at 9:30 a.m. in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve and pay weekly expenses.
2. Public comments on Agenda item.
3. Accept a donation of $1,000.00 from the City of Timpson for the benefit of Constable Josh Tipton for installation of the computer system in his patrol vehicle.
4. Discuss, consider, and approve the purchase of one John Deere Model 310P-Tier Backhoe/Loader with American Rescue Plan Act funds. After a formal solicitation of a number of sources, no responses were received and competition was determined inadequate. The County may proceed with noncompetitive procurement, per 2 CFR § 200.320(c).
5. Discuss, consider, and approve award and contract agreement with Whitaker Plumbing to implement emergency plumbing repairs to the Shelby County Jail. The emergency necessitating the repairs will not permit a delay resulting from publicizing a competitive solicitation. The County may proceed with noncompetitive procurement, per 2 CFR § 200.320(c).
6. An executive session will be held for the purpose of consulting with legal counsel. This closed session is authorized by the Texas Open Meeting Act, Texas Government Code Section 551.071.
7. Reopen Public meeting.
8. Discuss and possibly make a decision on issues discussed in Executive Session.