April 27, 2018 - Notice is hereby given that a Special meeting of the Governing body of the Shelby County Commissioners’ Court will be held on the 2nd day of May, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. in the Courtroom of the Shelby County Courthouse at 200 San Augustine Street, Center, Shelby County, Texas to deliberate and consider action on the following items:
1. Approve and pay weekly expenses and current payroll.
2. Public comments on Agenda items.
3. Delbert Jackson to discuss a Historical Marker for Lige Daniels and other victims of lynching at the sire of old hanging tree.
4. Proclamation declaring May as Elder Abuse Prevention Awareness Month.
5. Appoint two members to represent Shelby County on the DETCOG Board of Directors.
6. Discuss and possibly accept a sealed bid on Property ID 20633, located in the a-0010 Jesse Amason SUR BLK 30 TR 25, 1203 Bolton ST City of Center, Shelby County Texas which has been struck off the tax rolls.
7. Discuss and possibly take action on repairs to the Bandstand and First Ladies in Texas Building located on the Historic Courtyard.
8. Discuss and possibly approve a Map contract with Liberty Marketing Company for the Shelby County Judge and Commissioners’.
9. Adopt .946 miles of Forest Service Road 107 starting at FM 417 [and] County Road 2515.
10. Create County Road 2516 from 478 feet of Forest Service land from 2517 to boundary line Michael Paul Kay property.
11. Adopt 1146 feet of Forest Service Road 143 as part of County Road 2369.
12. Discuss and possibly approve Commissioner Pct.1 to get bids for new or used backhoe and or enter into a lease agreement.
13. Adjourn to executive session.
14. An Executive Session will also be held for the purpose of discussing personnel, hearing complaints against personnel, or to deliberate the appointed, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee. The closed session is authorized by Texas Open Meeting Act, Texas Government Code Section 551.074.
15. Reopen public meeting.
16. Discuss and possibly make a decision on Security Officer for Shelby County Courthouse.