June 22, 2020 - In addition to the “Virtual Graduation” that was held on May 22, 2020, Shelbyville High School’s Class of 2020 will be participating in an outdoor graduation ceremony at Dragon Stadium on Friday, June 26th, at 7 p.m. Entrance to the stadium for the ceremony will be by ticket only (each graduate will be issued ten tickets for family and guests). Social distancing and safety protocols will be followed…Dragon Pride!
- Stadium gates will open at 5:45 pm.
- Seniors are only allowed ten (10) tickets. Everyone over 12 months of age entering the stadium must have a school issued ticket.
- Please respect all participants and use social distancing when entering and exiting the parking lot and stadium.
- Masks and gloves are not required, but are recommended.
- All family members must arrive together so that they can be seated at the same time, seats cannot be saved. Incomplete groups will not be seated until all have arrived.
- Once inside, SISD staff will assist you in finding a seat.
- If you leave the stadium, there will be no re-entry.
- Spectators will be seated every other row.
- When the graduation ceremony begins, please remain in your seats until it ends and seniors have been escorted off the field.
- Due to social distancing guidelines, no one will be allowed to gather on the field when the graduation ceremony has ended.
- Family members will exit once the seniors have left the stadium.
- Please respect all participants and use social distancing when entering and exiting the gym, and stadium.
- Arrive by 6:15 pm, and report to the volleyball gym.
- Make sure you have everything you need for graduation, cap, gown, tie, etc.
- Only seniors will be allowed to enter the building.
- You will receive instructions on how you will be escorted to and from the stadium.
- Your name will be on your seats on the turf field.
- Once you arrive at your seat, you must remain seated unless asked to stand.
- When the graduation ceremony ends you will march out of the stadium and back to the gym to collect any personal items.
- Once you have collected any personal items, you will then exit and return to your car to leave and celebrate with your family.