Shelbyville VFD Fights Chicken House Fire at Hinton Residence

September 16, 2015 - The Shelbyville Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched at 11:30pm to a chicken house fire at the residence of Brad and Dena Hinton located at 2670 CR 1030 on Tuesday, September 15, 2015.

When the firemen arrived the chicken house was completely engulfed in flames. According to Hinton, he had fed his chickens and returned to his house where the chicken house temperature alert system began sending messages that the temperature had gone up in the chicken house.

From the Hinton's residence they could see the glow of the fire and that is when they contacted the Sheriff's Department who dispatched the fire department. The firemen were able to prevent the fire from spreading to the Hinton's other chicken houses and worked to keep the fire contained to the one building.

The firemen returned to the station at 1:30am Wednesday, September 16, 2015.


#ShelbyvilleVFD Fights Chicken House Fire at Hinton Residence - Read the story on #ShelbyCountyToday at the following link -

Posted by Shelby County Today on Wednesday, September 16, 2015