April 3, 2018 - S. W. Carter Elementary School will have pre-kindergarten and kindergarten pre-registration for the school year 2018-2019 in the principal’s office April 23 – April 27. Registration will be held between the hours of 8:00 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
In order to register your child please bring the following:
Copies of certified birth certificate, immunization record, social security card, and proof of Shelbyville ISD residency. We also need a copy of your current pay stub, if registering for Pre-kindergarten.
Shelbyville ISD provides a pre-kindergarten program to meet the needs of qualifying young children in our district.
Eligibility for Prekindergarten
A child must be at least four years of age on or before September 1, 2018 and fit at least one of the following criteria:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
Children with disabilities may receive services from the public schools as soon as they turn three years of age. Early assessment and education is available free of charge to children having any of the following disabilities: Speech or Language Deficit, Physical Disability, Vision and Hearing Impairments, Autism, Mental Retardation, Emotional Disturbance.
Shelbyville ISD also offers a Pre-kindergarten program for students who do not qualify. All requests for enrollment in the Pre-kindergarten pay program are subject to approval by Shelbyville ISD. Enrollment is limited.
If you have any questions concerning registration, please call (936)598-7363.
Students attending S. W. Carter Elementary School’s pre-kindergarten program for the 2017-2018 school year will automatically be pre-registered for kindergarten.