April 13, 2019 - SWEPCO crews are working to restore power as safely and as quickly as possible to the nearly 14,000 customers who remain without power after severe storms with high winds struck the Ark-La-Tex Saturday.
The outages include approximately 11,000 customers in Louisiana, 2,500 in Texas, and 400 in Arkansas. About 16,700 customers were without power at 4 p.m. Saturday.
Additional storms may delay repairs already underway and cause additional outages.
Power is expected to be restored to 95 percent of customers by:
- Shreveport – 11:59 p.m. Sunday
- Bossier City – 11:59 p.m. Saturday
- Benton – 11:59 p.m. Sunday
- Haughton – 11:59 p.m Sunday
- Plain Dealing – 10 p.m. Saturday
- Vivian – 10 p.m. Saturday
- Longview – 2 p.m. Sunday
- Marshall – 2 p.m. Sunday
- Gilmer – 10 p.m. Saturday
- Gladewater – 10 p.m. Saturday
- Kilgore – 10 p.m. Saturday
Employees are assessing damage in and around Mansfield, Natchitoches, and Hornbeck. SWEPCO will share estimated restoration times for these areas once they are available.
Public safety reminders:
- Downed power lines - Never touch a downed line, or go near it, no matter how harmless it looks. The line could be energized. Don’t touch anything in contact with the line, such as trees, fences or puddles of water. Stay away, and keep others away, especially children and pets. Call SWEPCO at 1-888-218-3919 or 911 immediately.
- Portable generator safety – If you use a portable or RV generator, do not plug the generator into your circuit box. Portable generators can "backfeed" electricity up the line and risk the lives of repair workers and the public. Follow the manufacturers' instructions carefully, and plug essential appliances directly into the generator.
How to report, track outages
- Use the SWEPCO app, available for download via the App Store or Google Play.
- Visit SWEPCO.com/OutageMap to find detailed information without logging into your account
- Sign up for text and email updates, including estimated time of restoration, at SWEPCO.com/Alerts.
- Call 1-888-218-3919 to report your outage
For updates and photos, follow SWEPCO on Facebook and Twitter.