June 1, 2023 - A Regular Meeting to Propose Tax Rate and Discuss Budget of the Board of Trustees of Tenaha Independent School District will be held June 6, 2023, beginning at 5:30 PM in the Boardroom of the Administration Office 138 College Street Tenaha, Texas 75974.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice.Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
1. Call to Order and Welcome
2. Public Comment
3. Oath of Office
4. Re-Organization of the Board
5. Reports from Administrators
6. Budget Workshop
7. Consider for Approval the 2023 Proposed Tax Rate (Indebtness & Service; Maintenance & Operation)
8. Consider for Approval budget amendments to the 2022-2023 School Budget.
9. Consider for Approval Calling a Public Hearing to Discuss the Tax Rate and Budget on June 20, 2023 at 5:15 pm.
10. Consider for Approval moving the Regular Board Meeting scheduled for July 18, 2023 to Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 5:30 pm in the Tenaha ISD Board Room.
11. Consider for Approval scheduling a Called Special Meeting for August 8, 2023 at 5:30 pm in the Tenaha ISD Board Room to consider the Proposed Tax Rate.
12. Consider for Approval moving the Regular Board Meeting scheduled on August 15, 2023, to Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 5:30 pm in the Tenaha ISD Board Room.
13. Executive Session: District Employees and Officers, Texas Government Code §551.074 and Real Property, Texas Government Code §551.072
a. Consideration of Superintendent's Recommendation Concerning Employment of Professional Personnel, Resignations and Terminations
14. Consideration And Action, If Any, Resulting From The Executive Session
15. Comments by Board Members
(a.) Comments Regarding Current Agenda
(b.) Requests for Future Agenda Items