Tenaha VFD Responds to Report of House Fire

October 11, 2015 - The Tenaha Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 9:32am on Sunday, October 11, 2015 at the residence of Stella Baker on CR 4688 3 1/2 miles north of FM 947.

When the firemen arrived, they were informed a stove within the home had caught on fire, filling the house with smoke. The firemen dragged the stove from within the house and put the fire out, preventing the house from going up in flames.

Fans were used to ventilate the home and once the firemen were certain there was no more threat of fire, they left the scene at 10:12am.

Copyright 2015 SCT. All rights reserved. Do not rebroadcast or reprint these stories without consent of ShelbyCountyToday.com