July 10, 2019 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the City of Timpson will be held on the 16th day of July, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce:
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
Presentations & Recognition: Present 25 year plaque to Larry Burns. Immediately following tonight’s meeting there will be a small reception to honor Ms. Broadway and express our appreciation for her 35 years of service.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Agenda Item: Consider approval of the Certificate of Construction Completion following the Project Closeout presentation by Randy Blanks.
8. Department Reports:
A) Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B) Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C) Municipal Court Report: For the month of June 2019, there were 2 citations issued, 4 violations, 0 to juveniles, and 0 to minors. Total amount reported is $2,615.98, the City’s portion is a 55% estimate of $1,438.79.
D) City Secretary: Budget Meetings have been set: July 23rd - Electric Budget Meeting, July 30th - General Budget Meeting, August 6th - EDC Budget Meeting, Preliminary Budget at the August 20th Council Meeting and adopt the Final Budget at the September 17th Council Meeting. All meetings will be at City Hall at 3:00 pm. Any Council Members interested in attending must notify the City Secretary.
On August 3rd, there will be a trash dumpster on RR Ave beside City Hall. It will be available from 6am until it reaches full capacity.
This year’s annual Back to School Event, sponsored by Timpson First Baptist Church will be done in conjunction with the National Night Out Campaign that promotes police-community partnerships. It will be on August 6th from 5:00 - 6:30 pm at the Community Building in SoSo Park. School age children K-6 (accompanied by an adult) will receive a backpack and school supplies. If you would like to donate any supplies please contact Misty at 254-2421 or Bro Dee at 254-2220. TVFD and TVAS will also be present and there will be free hot-dogs, drinks, bounce house and other activities.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
- Consider approval of the Minutes from the regular meeting held on June 18, 2019
- Consider approval of the Minutes from the EDC Meeting held on July 8, 2019
- Consider approval of the Certificate of Construction Completion
- Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of June, 2019
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable – June, 2019
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10 –14)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Designate the Light & Champion newspaper as the official printed news media for the City of Timpson, as required by TEX. LOC. GOV’T CODE § 52.004(a).
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Set a date to adopt the preliminary Budgets for Water/Sewer, General and Electric Departments for 2019-2020. (Deadline for the proposed budgets must be filed at least 30 days PRIOR to adopting the City Tax Rate and 2019-20 Final Budget. Final Budget has to be adopted prior to September 30th.)
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Consider a long-term lease agreement between the City of and Timpson Quick Stop LLC (Robin Gibson Connell) in which the City of Timpson relinquishes the section of Timpson Street from Rail Road Ave to US Hwy 59 to Timpson Quick Stop for commercial use and expansion of business and parking.
Such agreement will include maintenance and upkeep to be the responsibility of Timpson Quick Stop, LLC. Said agreement will include easement and parking allowances for AT&T/SWBell Building. Said agreement will include allowances for City access to any and all utility lines as necessary to maintain or repair with the understanding the City would not be responsible for parking lot repair. Agreement to be prepared by Cary Bovey and filed with Shelby County Clerk.
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Accept Resignation of City Utility Secretary, Charlotte Broadway, as of September 30, 2019.
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider part-time position, title, and pay for general office help.
15. Discuss and possibly take action: Schedule a Special meeting to possibly interview applicants for the part-time position.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421