October 10, 2019 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 15th day of October, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce:
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
Presentations & Recognition: The City of Timpson is sending the Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center a check in the amount of $621.36 (child safety fee) and recognize the Center for their efforts in Child Abuse Prevention through educational programs and events throughout the county.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of September 2019, there were 54 citations issued, 67 violations, 2 to juveniles, and 3 to minors. Total amount reported is $9,194.90, the City’s portion is a 55% estimate of $5,057.20.
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, Waste Connections update: contract is up Dec. 31, 2020. A non-renewal notice must be received by Waste Connections via certified letter by June 30, 2020.
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on Sept. 17, 2019
B. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Special Meeting held Oct. 8, 2019
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of September, 2019
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – September, 2019
E. Consider approval for the one bid received from Texas Hydrant Services to audit and paint fire hydrants for 2019 in the amount of $5,360.50
F. Consider approval to continue John Hibbard agreement for copy/fax machine services
Regular Agenda Items (9 –14)
9. Discuss and take action: Consider approval of the award letter from Goodwin-Lasiter to Leland Bradlee Construction for the street improvements on McLaughlin St. and Garrison St.
10. Discuss and take action: Consider approval of the administrative/loan documents between the American State Bank, City of Timpson, and the Economic Development Corporation agreement for the McLaughlin St. and Garrison St. street project.
11. Discuss and take action: Consider approval of the Duplichain bid to replace the rotor bearings at the Sewer Plant at a flat rate of $2,000 per bearing, OR $195/hr for a 3-man crew plus $120 trip charge per day.
12. Discuss and take action: Consider approval of the Unifirst Uniforms customer service agreement renewal, effective Jan 15, 2020.
13. Discuss and take action: Consider interviewing a part-time Clerk from existing applicants; set rate of pay and start date. If applicants aren’t selected, a motion to extend the period and expand advertising for the position as needed.
14. Discuss and take action: Schedule a Special meeting to possibly interview applicants for the part-time position.