August 14, 2020 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on the 18th day of August, 2020 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report:
B. Police Department Report:
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of July, there were 7 citations issued and 11 violations, 0 to juveniles, and 1 to minors. The total amount generated for the City was approx. $2,900.00
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, TVFD provided the list of active volunteers with the exception of Corey Green and Berto Bussey, which are active, but do not have a valid driver’s license. Henry Marx is celebrating his 7th year with the City of Timpson on August 21st. Henry is currently still out on worker’s comp leave – since May 7th (13 weeks). He is still going through therapy and has an appointment end of this month for a test to see if there is nerve damage.
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
- Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on July 21, 2020
- Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of July 2020
- Consider approval of Accounts Payable – July 2020
Regular Agenda Items (9 – 13)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider publicizing the city soliciting bids for the garbage service contract, effective January 1st, 2021. Selection of the contractor will be held at the October Council Meeting.
10. Discuss and take action: Review and discuss the TCEQ Proposed Agreed Order of enforcement action against the City of Timpson for violations of the Texas Health & Safety Code and Commission Rules.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and adopt the PROPOSED 2020-2021 Budget for Water/Sewer, Electric, and General Operating Fund including the Streets, Parks, Cemetery, Court Technology, TVFD, Basic Operations of the City office & Timpson City Police Department. Please include in the Motion the Gross Revenue/Gross Expenditures/Size of Police Force/Net Fund Increase or Decrease.
12. Discuss and take action: Consider adopting the Proposed Tax Rate for 2020/2021. Read the proposed ordinance regarding the proposed tax rate and percentage of increase if any.
13. Discuss and possibly consider: Consider a Special called meeting, if needed, to work on the budget or tax rate. Both MUST be adopted no later than Thursday, September 18, 2020. If no special meetings are called, the FINAL BUDGET & TAX RATE will be adopted at the September 15th Council Meeting. The Final Budget must be filed with the County Clerk by September 25, 2020.