October 14, 2016 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 18th day of October, 2016 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith.
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
6. Presentations & Recognition: The City of Timpson would like to present the Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center with a check in the amount of $589.55 (child safety fee) and recognize the Center for their efforts in Child Abuse Prevention through educational programs and events throughout the county. Robin Connell will be in attendance to accept the donation.
7. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of September 2016, there were 30 citations issued, 42 violations, 0 to juveniles and 0 to minors. Total amount reported $10,286.02 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $5,657.31.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on September 20, 2016
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of September, 2016
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for September, 2016
D. Consider approval for the Volunteer Fire Department to purchase a new laptop computer and docking station, price range of $500-$700.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10 –16)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Select and approve a Grant Administrator for the FY 2017-2018 CDBG application process.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Select and approve an Engineering firm for the FY 2017-2018 CDBG application process.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: The Council will discuss securing Financial Auditing Services for the FY ending 9/30/16. Two firms, Frank Campos and Murrey, Paschall & Caperton PC, have submitted bids. The Council will need to approve one of these firms or vote to advertise for bids of a Governmental agency with Grants totaling LESS THAN $500,000 *Requires a Single Audit compliant with OMB A-133.
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Landscaping Project at the Memorial Wall.
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Ordinance 20161018-1 Adopting the 2009 International Building Code, excluding paragraph 903.2.8 which states, “An automatic sprinkler system installed in accordance with Section 903.3 shall be provided throughout all building with a Group R (residential) fire area.”
15. Discuss and possibly take action: Purchase the PDF version of the Complete Collection of the 2009 International Building Codes at a cost of $778.00.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.