April 12, 2019 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 16th day of April, 2019 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Nothing to Report
5. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
Presentations & Recognition: City of Timpson supported the Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center by contributing $613.36 to the agency.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report:
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham, attending Texas Police Chief Leadership Class, June 10-14, with funds coming from the PD account for all expenses including hotel, mileage, and meals.
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of March 2019, there were 25 citations issued, 31 violations, 3 to juveniles, and 4 to minors. Total amount reported is $18,092.10, the City’s portion is a 55% estimate of $9,950.65.
D. City Secretary: Misty Burgess, due to the City supporting the Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center, they have extended an invitation to their Appreciation Event Wed, April 17th that is for all the contributing individuals and businesses. The event will be at 4pm following the butterfly release on the square in Center.
- Early Voting begins April 22 at City Hall and ends April 30th, weekdays only
- April 23 and April 30 are extended hours 7am – 7pm, other days are 8am – 5pm
- May 4 - Election Day, 7am – 7pm at the Timpson ISD Gym Foyer
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on March 19, 2019
B. Consider approval of the minutes from the Special Meeting held on April 5, 2019
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of March, 2019
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – April, 2019
Regular Agenda Items (10 –13)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider options and bids from Duplichain Contractors for project on 4th & Garrison Street.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider the received Woodlawn Cemetery Committee applications.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider approval to purchase police vehicle that was authorized in the Special Meeting, and to approve the authorized loan agreement from Austin Bank.
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss and consider taking bids on the existing police vehicles: 2009 Crown Victoria, 2009 Chevy Tahoe, and 2013 Chevy Tahoe.