Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 16th day of February, 2016 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith.
5. Council Items:
6. Presentations & Recognition: The City would like to recognize Buddy Adkison’s retirement from Austin Bank, the City’s depository bank. Buddy has served Austin Bank and the City for 16 years. The Bank is hosting a retirement celebration in his honor from 2-4 on Wednesday, February 24. 2016.
7. Citizens Input:
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of January 2016, there were 59 citations issued, 77 violations, 0 to juveniles and 2 to minors. Total amount reported $14,782.72 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $8,130.50.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting the last day for filing an application for the May 7th Election will be February 19, 2016. The physical address for filing applications in person will be at City Hall, 456 Jacob St, Timpson, TX between the hours of 8a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The address to mail applications for a place on the ballot (if filing by mail) will be PO Box 369, Timpson, TX. If there are any questions feel free to call me at 936-254-2421.
There was an EDC Meeting on February 15, 2016 at 5:00pm at Timpson Library. Mike Walker from Goodwin-Lasiter was in attendance to discuss the road estimates from the last meeting.
The Old Spanish Trail Ride will be camping at SoSo Park on February 20th, 2016
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on January 16, 2016
B. Consider approval of Financial Statements for the month of January 2016
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for January 2016
D. Consider approval of moving forward with the EDC’s 2016 Street Improvement Project, contingent on the Boards decision from their meeting on February 15, 2016
Regular Agenda Items (10 –15)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Council will discuss whether to replace the engine in the 1999 F450 Grass Truck owned by the VFD or to take bids for a new F450 and also discuss funding.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Discuss hiring of McCreary Veselka Bragg & Allen P.C. (MVBA) to collect delinquent Municipal Court fines and fees. The representative for MVBA, Laird (Larry) Markland, will be in attendance to answer any questions. The City Attorney will have to approve any contract before they are signed and approved by Council.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Hire Barbara Wester as Deputy Early Voting Clerk for early voting by appearance on April 25th thru May 3rd 2016 to assist the City Secretary. Also hire Barbara Wester as Election Judge for the May 7th General Election along with an Alternate Judge and 4 Clerks. (Municipal Court Clerk Paula Mullins and Utility Secretary Charlotte Broadway have requested to not help with early voting)
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Order of Notice, General Election to be held on May 7, 2016 to elect a Mayor and two City Council Members.
14. Discuss and possibly take action: Inter local Agreement between TISD and the City of Timpson to hold a General Election May 7, 2016.