January 15, 2016 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 19th day of January, 2016 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith. Timpson Area Chamber of Commerce will begin their 2016 year with an Annual Membership Banquet on January 21st at the Sunshine (Frontier) Café, 101 Austin St Timpson, TX, beginning at 5:30 pm. Charlie Dromgoole, Chief Executive Officer for Lake Houston Area Chamber of Commerce will be the guest speaker. Everyone interested in the community is welcome and should attend.
5. Council Items: Mayor Pro Tem Wolfe to address the collection of outstanding fines and fees for the Municipal Court.
6. Presentations & Recognition: January 6th was Jake Metcalf’s 2 year anniversary with the Timpson Police Department.
The City of Timpson will recognize Mrs. Charlotte Broadway for 32 years of continuous service on February 1, 2016. Mrs. Broadway started in 1984 as the Utility Billing Clerk for the City of Timpson and maintains the records for all residential and commercial utility accounts in the City. The City Council would like to thank Ms. Charlotte for all her years of service and dedication to this community.
7. Citizens Input:
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of December 2015, there were 102
citations issued, 132 violations, 0 to juveniles and 8 to minors. Total amount
reported $7,478.70 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $4,113.29.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting the Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot for the May 7th, 2016 General Election was posted on December 21, 2015. The first day for filing an application is January 20, 2016 and the last day will be February 19, 2016. The physical address for filing applications in person will be at City Hall, 456 Jacob St, Timpson, TX between the hours of 8a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The address to mail applications for a place on the ballot (if filing by mail) will be PO Box 369, Timpson, TX. If there are any questions feel free to call me at 936-254-2421.
There will be an EDC Meeting on February 15, 2016 at 5:00pm at City Hall. Mike Walker from Goodwin Lasiter will be in attendance to discuss the road estimates from the last meeting.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on November 17, 2015
B. Consider approval of the minutes of the special meetings held on December 29, 2015
January 4th and 12th, 2016
C. Consider approval of Financial Statements for the month of November and
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Paid bills for November, 2015
E. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for December, 2015
F. Consider approving the Old Spanish Trail Ride to camp at SoSo Park on February
20th, 2016. Barbara Cook will be in attendance if there are any questions.
Regular agenda items (10 –12)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Resolution of Authority for all Austin Bank Accounts removing Mayor Debra Smith. Due to the fact that there is no Mayor, no other names will be added until after the May Election.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Removing Debra Smith from the Timpson Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors.