July 15, 2020 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on the 21st day of July, 2020 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Chief Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of June, there were 21 citations issued and 21 violations, 0 to juveniles, and 4 to minors. The percentage amount generated for the City was approx. $2,006.64.
D. City Secretary: On Saturday, August 1st the dumpster will be in town. Budget meetings were held July 13th – 15th for all departments.
Budget Dates: August 10th: Mayor submits proposed 2020-2021 Budgets to City Secretary (Deadline for the proposed budgets must be filed at least 30 days PRIOR to adopting the City Tax Rate and 2020-21 Final Budget. Final Budget has to be adopted prior to 9/30.) August 18th: City Council Meeting, Council to review Preliminary Budget September 15th: City Council Meeting, Council to adopt the Final Budget and first reading of Ordinances to adopt budget and tax rate September 18th: Copy of final budget needs to be filed with City Secretary September 25th: City Secretary files final budget with County Clerk October 1st: New fiscal year begins
8. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on June 16, 2020
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of June 2020
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – June 2020
Regular Agenda Items (9 – 14)
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval for Mall Energys’ quote to repair the pump on mobile generator in the amount of $3,900.
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval for Goodwin-Lasiters’ quote for the TCEQ Permit Renewal service, cost range $3,200 - $3,700.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider approval for Duplichains’ quote for the repair on Bremond & 2nd St. storm drain in the amount of $6,700.00 contingent upon the acceptance of the bid for $17,850 for 2nd St. & Jacob St. storm drain repair.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider installing walk-up window and drop box for utility payments.
13. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider adopting Social Media Policy for city employees, Volunteer Fire Department, City Council & EDC Board Members, and any other City related Committee Members.
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action requiring TVFD volunteers to sign a waiver allowing driving records for insurance purposes with copies of waivers to be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Discuss and take action requiring a current list of all Timpson Fire Department Volunteers including legal name, DOB, DL#, to be on file in the City Secretary’s office. Any member not complying would be excluded from driving/operating vehicles belonging and/or Titled to City of Timpson - TVFD.