June 10, 2021 - Notice is hereby given that a regular meeting of the governing body of Timpson will be held on the 15th day of June, 2021 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices: Marilyn Corder, July 4th Community Event.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
A. Public Works Report
B.City Secretary, City employee Bryan Alpha completed the Basic Water Works Operation course and will be taking the test for his license within the next two weeks. Mac Samford finished repairing the city garage except for the doors,
which could be up to 5 weeks before they are available.
7.Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on May 18,
Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of May 2021
Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the month of May 2021
Regular Agenda Items (8 - 11)
8. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action to donate the 2013 Tahoe (VIN# 1GNLC2E00DR214715) to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Department and to sell the 2019 Tahoe (VIN # 1GNLCDEC6KR330097) to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Department for the amount $37,082.17 ($15,000 to General budget and $22,082.17 to Austin bank to pay off to pay off the loan). Both vehicles are being sold as is, and all police markings and decals will be removed at Shelby County’s expense.
9. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider bids on delinquent property taxes from Shelby County Cad and Linebarger.
10. Discuss and take action: Review and approve the rate renewal rate for the TML insurance premium for city employees.The current rate per month/per employee is $622.82 and the new rate, effective October 1, will be $568.88 This is a decrease of $23.96 (8.66%) per employee.
11. Discuss and take action: Discuss and take action, effective immediately, the City Secretary, Misty Burgess or the Utility Secretary, Paula Mullins will handle both income and expense transactions for the Timpson Volunteer Fire Department through the office of City Hall. Currently the city secretary signs all checks/payments for the TVFD. This Decision, if passed, will change the manner in which deposits are handled. All donations, income from insurance companies, grant money or other miscellaneous revenue will be deposited by a paid employee of the City of Timpson. Any payments coming to the mailbox associated with the TVFD will be brought to City Hall to be deposited in a timely manner. Regular donors will receive a letter explaining this change and notified that they may mail their donation to City Hall PO Box 369. An email will be sent to the TVFD secretary with a copy of the donor’s name, address and amount donated for their handling of thank you cards. A monthly report of bank balances along with income and expenses will be emailed to the TVFD chief, secretary and treasurer. All funds donated or received to the TVFD will be deposited to the accounts referenced Timpson Volunteer Fire Department and Accounted for in Quickbooks accordingly by the City Secretary. These funds are subject to annual audit. Currently the City manages under the FED EIN #, two separate accounts for this department, one checking – acct ending in 6221 and one savings – acct ending 6114.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.