September 16, 2021 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on the 21st day of September, 2021 at 5:30 pm at Timpson City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports.
5. Presentations Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices:
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
A. Public Works Report:
B. City Secretary: The two ‘No Over-night Parking’ signs have been installed on the City property off Hwy 59. We’ve received the Smartphones for the meter reading system and the guys will begin using them next month after they’ve completed training. The Mennonites will have their annual tent revival on the square Monday, Oct. 11 – Sunday, Oct. 17th.
7. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held August 17, 2021
B. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Special Meeting held August 31, 2021
C. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of August 2021
D. Consider approval of Accounts Payable for the month of August 2021
Regular Agenda Items (8-14)
8. Discuss and take action: Ordinance 20210921-01 adopting as the 2021-2022 Final Tax Rate of .388700 per $100 of value. This is an increase of 4% for the City of Timpson.
9. Discuss and take action: Ordinance 20210921-02 adopting the Final Budget for all departments and Funds for fiscal year 2021-2022.
10. Discuss and take action: Approve the 2021-2022 Holiday Schedule.
11. Discuss and take action: Cola Raises. Cost of living adjustment raises for all full-time employees in the Electric, Water/Sewer, and General Departments.
12. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider donating any police equipment, gear, and/or supplies from the municipal building to Constable Pct 5 and/or Shelby County Sheriff’s Dept.
13. Discuss and take action: Designate the Light Champion newspaper as the official printed news media for the City of Timpson, as required by TEX LOC. GOV’T CODE § 52.004(a).
14. Discuss and take action: Discuss and approve Resolution 20210921-01 designating GrantWorks as the service admin provider for the ARP project implementation.