November 13, 2015 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 17th day of November, 2015 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Chamber of Commerce, presented by Paul Smith.
5. Council Items:
6. Presentations & Recognition: Proclamation for Smith Chapel Baptist Church declaring December 20, 2015 as Smith Chapel Baptist Church Day. The City of Timpson would like to express their best wishes to the members of the congregation on the memorable occasion of their 115 year anniversary and the dedication of their new sanctuary.
The City of Timpson would like to congratulate Timpson First Christian Church for celebrating its 130th birthday on October 25, 2015. They began as a community church in 1885 where the bible was preached the members lived according to God’s plan and that way of thinking still applies today. The First Christian Church is under the direction of Pastor Larry Stegall.
Presentation by James Guest of Linebarger Goggan Attorneys at Law. The law firm would like to assist the city with collection of delinquent taxes and traffic fines.
7. Citizens Input: Micah Nutt to speak about the burglary of her residence at 319 Pecan Street. Also, Mack Cranford to speak about past experience as a Police Investigator.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of October 2015, there were 116 citations issued, 135 violations, 0 to juveniles and 6 to minors. Total amount reported $12,143.00 the City’s portion a 55% estimate of $6,678.70.
D. City Secretary: Leslie Leathers reporting the county wide burn ban has been lifted.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes of the regular meeting held on October 20, 2015
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of October, 2015
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for October, 2015
D. Consider approval of changes to the Employee Handbook regarding call outs, taking
vehicles home, no overtime and vacation policy for Police Department.
Regular Agenda Items (10 –13)
10. Discuss and possibly take action: Approval of the 2016-2017 Holiday Schedule.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Bids for Financial Auditing Services. No proposals/bids to date have been received, discuss how to proceed with no auditor.
12. Discuss and possibly take action: Councilman Grace would like the City to provide the Timpson Volunteer Fire Department with a luncheon to show support for everything they do for our community.
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.