June 11, 2020 - Notice of Workshop/Interview meeting will be held on the 16th of June, 2020, 2:30pm – 5:30pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob St., Timpson, TX. No voting or actions will be made during this meeting.
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above-named City will be held on the 16th day of June, 2020 at 5:30 pm at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order:
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Council Items: Reports by the members of the City Council on matters not on the agenda will be made at this time. A total, not to exceed 10 minutes will be devoted to these reports. Mayor to discuss CRF funds.
5. Presentations & Recognitions/ Chamber of Commerce notices: 6/13/19 Larry Burns celebrated his 26th year of service with the City of Timpson.
6. Citizens Input: This time is provided for members of the public to address the City Council on items that appear within the Consent and Action Items or a matter not listed on the agenda. Each speaker is limited to 3 minutes. A Citizens Input Form may be filled out and filed with the City Secretary prior to the meeting.
7. Agenda Item: Consider approval of the FY 2018 – 2019 AUDIT presented by Frank Campos.
8. Department/Committee Reports:
A. Public Works Report: Larry Burns
B. Police Department Report: Chief Graham
C. Municipal Court Report: For the month of May, there were 2 citations issued and 4 violations, 0 to juveniles, and 0 to minors. The total amount generated for the City was approx. $2,387.31.
D. City Secretary: The City office will be closed Friday, July 3rd for observance of Independence Day.
9. Consent Agenda: Items included under the Consent Agenda require little or no deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the Minutes from the Regular Meeting held on May 19, 2020
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month of May 2020
C. Consider approval of Accounts Payable – May 2020
D. Consider approval of Resolution 2020616-3 for FEMA and CRF account, apply for and document need for Coronavirus Relief Fund, request funding from CRF and designating City Secretary as the POC for all paperwork, documentation and record-keeping for said funds.
E. Ratify the emergency replacement of the fire hydrant by Duplichain in the amount of $3,000.
Regular Agenda Items (10 –13)
10. Discuss and take action: Discuss and consider interviews and discuss hiring one or two of the applicants for the public works position, designate the start date and pay rate.
11. Discuss and take action: Review and approve the rate increase for the TML insurance premium for city employees. The current rate per month/per employee is $598.86 and the new rate, effective October 1, will be $622.82 This is an increase of $23.96 per employee and an increase to the City budget of approx. $2,500.00 for the year. The increase per department will be:
Electric Dept - $862.56 (3 employees); W/S Dept - $862.56 (3 employees);
Gen Dept - $862.56 (3 employees).
Executive Session: Section 551.074. Personnel Matters
12. Discuss: Status of Workers Comp with Henry Marx and his ability to return to work.
Return to open meeting
13. Discuss action: Regarding item 12.