September 7, 2015 - The Timpson Volunteer Fire Department (TVFD) was dispatched to 559 Third Street in Timpson in reference to a vehicle fire on Friday, September 4, 2015.
When the firemen arrived, the majority of the front end of a red 2000 Tahoe was engulfed in flames. They were able to quickly extinguish the fire; however, considerable damage to the vehicle was caused by the fire. According to members of the TVFD, Dimric Caraway, the owner, reported he had just arrived home when the Tahoe seemed to be having some sort of malfunction as he was driving.
After no obvious problem was discovered, he went inside of the residence. Later, it appeared there was a light emitting into the residence from outside and that is when Caraway and other residents within the home discovered the fire and called for help from the fire department at 10:32pm.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire and the cause was unable to be determined.