June 28, 2017 - A special called meeting of the Board of Trustees of Center Independent School District (CISD) was held on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 beginning at 11:00am at Center Independent School District Administration Board Room located at 107 Private Road 605 in Center, Texas 75935.
1. Call Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum - James Greer called the meeting to order at 11:04am and declared a quorum.
Present: James Greer; Allison Johnson (arrived at 11:20am); Daphne LaRock (arrived at 11:59am); Casey Lout; Matthew Mettauer; Traci Willoughby and Betty McDaniel, Director of Finance and James Hockenberry, Superintendent
Absent: John Henry Holloway
Visitors: Danny Berry, Berry and Clay Construction; Barry Bowman, CISD Athletic Director; David Golden, McKinley–Golden Architects; Matthew Gregory, CHS Administrator and Jimmy Johnston, Southwest Foodservice Excellence and Malcolm McKinley, McKinley–Golden Architects
2. Invocation and Pledges of Allegiance - Matthew Mettauer gave the invocation and David Golden led the Pledges of Allegiance.
3. Consideration to Award Proposal for Construction of CHS Culinary Kitchen and CHS Field House Renovation - Danny Berry, Malcolm McKinley and David Golden presented the proposed construction costs for the new CHS Culinary Kitchen and CHS Field House renovation. A motion was made by Matthew Mettauer, seconded by Traci Willoughby to approve the Base Bid of $265,517.92 plus #8 from the alternative list of $9,688.00 for construction of the new CHS Culinary Kitchen and CHS Field House Renovation. The base bid and alternate costs are a guaranteed maximum price. The motion carried 6-0.
4. Consideration and Discussion to Schedule Ribbon Cutting For New Agricultural Science Building - After careful consideration and much discussion, August 8, 2017, at 11:00am was the date selected for the ribbon cutting for the new Agricultural Science Building.
5. Adjournment - A motion was made by Casey Lout, seconded by Matthew Mettauer to adjourn the meeting at 12:17pm. The motion carried 6-0.