March 14, 2016 - A regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of Center Independent School District (CISD) was held on Thursday, March 10, 2016 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Center Independent School District Administration Board Room located at 107 Private Road 605 Center, Texas 75935.
1. Call Meeting to Order and Establish a Quorum - James Greer called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m. and declared a quorum.
Present: Tina Byrnes, James Greer; John Henry Holloway (arrived at 6:04 p.m.); Sharon Nelson; Traci Willoughby, Dan Wilkins; Rayford Copelin, Deputy Superintendent; Betty McDaniel, Director of Finance and James Hockenberry, Superintendent
Absent: Daphne LaRock and Tammy Lemoine, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
Visitors: Tina Byrnes, Southwest Foodservice Excellence; Collen Doggett, East Texas Press; Jimmie Johnston, Southwest Foodservice Excellence; Chris Maggard, Southwest Foodservice Excellence; Lindsey Tipton, Southwest Foodservice Excellence; Steve Synder, Light and Champion
2. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance - James Greer gave the invocation and Tina Byrnes led the Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comments/Audience Participation - None
4. Consent Agenda - A motion was made by Dan Wilkins, seconded by Traci Willoughby to approve the consent agenda consisting of the minutes from the regular meeting on February 11, 2016, the Investment Report (2015-2016), the Tax Collection Report (February 2016), the Financial Reports (February 2016) and the student overnight activity trip. The motion carried 4-0.
5. Consideration and Approval of 2016-2017 School Calendar - Traci Willoughby made the motion, seconded by Sharon Nelson to approve the 2016-2017 CISD school calendar. The motion carried 5-0.
6. Consideration and Approval to Accept Bid for Internet Service - The District received bids from four (4) vendors (Answer 360, Clear Rate, Suddenlink and AT&T) for internet access services. A motion was made by Sharon Nelson, seconded by Dan Wilkins to approve the bid from AT&T for e-Rate services for internet. The motion carried 5-0.
7. Consideration and Approval to Certify the Superintendent, James Hockenberry, to the Region 7 Regional Advisory Committee 2016-2017 - A motion was made by Traci Willoughby, seconded by John Henry Holloway to approve to certify the Superintendent, James Hockenberry to the Region 7 Regional Advisory Committee for 2016-2017. The motion carried 5-0.
8. Consideration and Possible Action of Food Service Management Company Contract - A motion was made by Sharon Nelson, seconded by Traci Willoughby to renew the contract with Southwest Foodservice Excellence. The motion carried 5-0.
9. Distribute TASB Update 104 - Each member of the Board received a copy of the TASB Policy Update 104 (affecting Local policies).
10. Closed Session - The Board did not enter into closed session.
11. Open Session
11.1 District Employees and Officers: Texas Government Code §551.071, §551.074 and §551.129
11.1.1 There were no employment of contracted personnel to be considered.
11.1.2 There were no resignations/retirements to be presented.
11.1.3 A motion was made by Traci Willoughby, seconded by John Henry Holloway to approve the extended emergency leave for Traci Galindo, CMS Teacher as recommended by Superintendent Hockenberry. The motion carried 5-0.
12. Adjournment - A motion was made by Dan Wilkins, seconded by Traci Willoughby to adjourn the meeting at 6:10 p.m. The motion carried 5-0.