Virtual Job Fairs on Thursdays & Weekly Pop-Up Workforce Centers Connects People with Jobs and Businesses with Qualified Candidates
May 27, 2021 - Through digital highways and rural roadways, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas continues in June to offer a multi-pronged free approach to helping Deep East Texas businesses thrive and get individuals back to work or on a path to sustainable careers. As of June 26, Texas will no longer issue additional federal pandemic unemployment assistance.
Virtual Job Fairs on Thursdays
For the first three Thursdays in June, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas will host virtual job fairs across the 12-county region. Individuals who register will be able to meet with the employers, read about job openings, ask questions and submit resumes through a virtual platform using a personal computer, phone or other mobile device. In-person and virtual assistance with registering, preparing for, and attending the events is available at the six workforce centers.
Registration is required for each event. To register as a job seeker and upload a resume, visit www.detwork.org/JobFairsHiringEvents and choose your event. Employers are encouraged to participate in the hiring events by calling 936-639-1351 or emailing email@example.com.
- Thursday, June 3, 10 a.m. to 12 noon – Recruiting Events Spotlighting Employers in six virtual job fairs. These hiring events are organized by workforce center county, making it easy to find jobs close to home.
- Thursday, June 10, 10 a.m. to 12 noon – Recruiting Events Spotlighting Employers in six virtual job fairs. These hiring events are organized by workforce center county, making it easy to find job opportunities close to home.
- Thursday, June 17, 10 a.m. to 12 noon – JobsNow! Job Fair is a giant, region-wide, virtual job fair and online hiring opportunity.
Weekly Pop-Up Workforce Centers
The 12-county region is large, and getting to a workforce center in neighboring county may be a challenge. To bring services closer to rural communities, Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas is partnering with local organizations and offering pop-up centers each week in outlying locations. Just as they do when they visit a workforce center, individuals will have access to useful tools for finding a job, improving skills, and furthering or changing careers. The following is a sampling of the free services offered: job readiness, resume assistance, job placement, skills training, paid work experience, virtual workshops, and support services.
- Tuesday, June 1, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Sabine Area Career Center, 203 Sloan St., Pineland
- Wednesday, June 2, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Newton County Public Library, 212 High St., Newton
- Wednesday, June 9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Coldspring Area Public Library, 14221 Hwy 150 W, Coldspring
- Thursday, June 10, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., San Augustine County Chamber of Commerce, 611 W. Columbia St., San Augustine
- Tuesday, June 15, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Groveton Public Library, 126 West 1st St., Groveton
- Thursday, June 17, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Allen Shivers Library & Museum, 302 N. Charlton St., Woodville
Workforce Centers are Open
The six Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas centers are OPEN, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please remember to wear a mask. Safety measures are in place, such as sanitizing surfaces, wearing masks, six-foot social distancing and limiting the number of people inside at one time. For those who have symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19 or those who have been in contact with anyone with symptoms or diagnosis of COVID-19, please call for virtual assistance.
- ANGELINA COUNTY, (936) 639-1351, 210 N. John Redditt, Lufkin
- HOUSTON COUNTY, (936) 544-7859, 1505 S. 4th Street, Crockett
- JASPER COUNTY, (409) 384-9031, 799 W. Gibson, Ste. 300, Jasper
- NACOGDOCHES COUNTY, (936) 560-1441, 235 N. University Dr., Nacogdoches
- POLK COUNTY, (936) 327-5421, 1241 West Church, Ste. 300, Livingston
- SHELBY COUNTY, (936) 598-2468, 145 Catco Drive, Center
To help people find jobs, keep jobs or get better jobs, the staff at Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas offers job search and job matching assistance, career counseling and in some cases, financial aid for education/training or work support. They also can help with career planning, building a resume, preparing for interviews, job readiness, earning a GED, and gaining occupational skills. If a family meets eligibility requirements, Workforce Solutions may be able to help with financial assistance for child care. Additionally, the team helps employers find qualified applicants for specific jobs and develop custom solutions to strengthen their current workforce. For more information, visit www.detwork.org.