October 18, 2018 - Center ISD will participate in the 2018 National Red Ribbon Campaign from October 22-26.
"The National Family Partnership [NFP] provides drug awareness by sponsoring the annual National Red Ribbon Campaign. Since its beginning in 1985, the Red Ribbon has touched the lives of millions of people around the world. In response to the murder of DEA Agent Enrique Camarena, angered parents and youth in communities across the country began wearing Red Ribbons as a symbol of their commitment to raise awareness of the killing and destruction cause by drugs in America. In 1988, NFP sponsored the first National Red Ribbon Celebration. Today, the Red Ribbon serves as a catalyst to mobilize communities to educate youth and encourage participation in drug prevention activities." (redribbon.org)
Center High School
- Monday, October 22nd – “Sock It To Drugs” - Wear your crazy, silly, or mix-matched socks to school
- Tuesday, October 23rd – “Your Future is BRIGHTER without drugs in it” - Wear GOLD Day
- Wednesday, October 24th – “Put a Lid on Drugs” - Wear your favorite cap or hat to school
- Thursday, October 25th – “Be all you can be!” - Wear Camo to school
- Friday, October 26th – “Purple Pride Day” - Wear Purple! Center High School is PROUD to stand up against Drugs!
Center Middle School
- Monday, October 22nd – Winners Don't Do Drugs - Favorite sports team shirt or jersey (college, pro, Riders shirt)
- Tuesday, October 23rd – Stay Strong Against Drugs - Army/Camo
- Wednesday, October 24th – Rally in Red Against Drugs - Wear Red
- Thursday, October 25th – We are Too Smart for Drugs - Nerd Day
- Friday, October 26th – Give Drugs the Boot - Wear boots to kick out drugs and your #giveme5 shirt
Center Intermediate School
- Monday, October 22nd – Hats off to being drug free! - Wear your crazy, silliest hat or your favorite hat.
- Tuesday, October 23rd – Don’t get TWISTED! - Don’t get Twisted up in drugs- mismatch and backwards.
- Wednesday, October 24th – Red Out! - RED-y to be Drug Free! All students, staff members, and parents will wear as much red as possible to take a stand against drugs.
- Thursday, October 25th – Peace Out! - Wear your tie dye.
- Friday, October 26th – Winners don’t do Drugs! - wear school colors- show your pride in the winning Roughriders.
Center Elementary School
- Monday, October 22nd – “Be a Star!” - Dress like a Hollywood star or dress to impress. (Students can wear their Sunday best or whatever fancy clothes they have.)
- Tuesday, October 23rd – “Let’s Stomp Out Drugs” - Students will be able to wear their favorite boots, not just western boots.
- Wednesday, October 24th – “Wear Red Day” - In recognition of law and drug enforcement officers who have lost their lives in the fight on drugs.
- Thursday, October 25th – “Team Up Against Drugs!” - Wear your favorite sports team shirt or you can find someone to dress as your twin.
- Friday, October 26th – CES Annual Vocabulary Parade
- Monday, October 22nd – “Tell Drugs to take a hike!" - Wear camo or something you might wear to hike in
- Tuesday, October 23rd – "Saying 'no' is no sweat!" - Wear athletic clothes: tennis shoes, yoga pants, sweats, jogging shorts, etc.
- Wednesday, October 24th – "Wear Red" - Wear red in honor of fallen officers who have lost their lives while fighting the war on drugs.
- Thursday, October 25th – “Team up against drugs!” - Wear your favorite sports jersey
- Friday, October 26th – “Our school is drug free!” - Wear Purple for spirit day!