April 15, 2016 - Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the governing body of the above named City will be held on the 19th day of April, 2016 at 5:30 pm. at the City Hall, 456 Jacob Street, Timpson, Texas, at which time the following subjects will be considered, to-wit:
1. Call to Order: 5:30 pm
3. Pledge: United States Pledge, Texas Pledge
4. Chamber of Commerce: Paul Smith, Chamber President
5. Council Items:
6. Presentations & Recognition:
a) The City of Timpson would like to present the Shelby County Children’s Advocacy Center with a check in the amount of $568.80 (child safety fee) and recognize the Center for their efforts in Child Abuse Prevention through educational programs and events throughout the county.
b) The Council would like to present Tommy Sparks with a plaque for his 30 years of dedicated service to the City of Timpson.
7. Public Comment: Notify the public of CenterPoint Energy’s 2016 GRIP Filing for the Beaumont/East Texas Division concerning rate increases.
8. Department Reports:
A. Public Works: Larry Burns
B. Police Department: Kent Graham
C. Municipal Court: Reported for the month of March 2016, 87 Citations, 106 Violations, 3 Citations to a Minor and 0 Citations to a Juvenile. Total amount reported $17,574.97 for the Police Department and Court, the city’s portion a (55% Estimate) $9,666.23.
D. City Secretary: Gareth Yoder accepted and signed the mowing contract for 2016-17. Three bids were submitted to Larry Burns for the fire hydrant audit and they are included as an action item on the agenda.
E. Reminder that early voting begins on April 25th.
9. Consent Agenda: Items A thru F included under the Consent Agenda require little or no Deliberation by the Council. Approval of the Consent Agenda authorizes the City Secretary to proceed with the conclusion of each item as reflected in the Minutes of this meeting.
A. Consider approval of the minutes from the Regular Meeting from March 15, 2016
B. Consider approval of Financial Statement for the month ending March, 2016
C. Consider approval of April Accounts Payable – Unpaid bills for March, 2016
D. Approval for Timpson ISD and American Legion Post 90 to hold their Annual Memorial Day Event on the Square.
E. Approve Resolution 384 (04212016-1) Waiver in Lieu of Taxes for Timpson Housing Authority.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS (10-14)
10. Discuss and take action: Review bids and select a contractor to perform the Annual Fire Hydrant Audit.
11. Discuss and possibly take action: Hire a part time employee to help city workers in repair of potholes around town. (In the motion, include maximum hours, pay rate and from what account their salary will be charged.)
12. Discuss and possibly take action: An Ordinance to amend the 2015-16 Adopted Budget. (Item 13)
13. Discuss and possibly take action: Purchase an asphalt distributor truck to aid in the repair of potholes, approximately $21,000.00. (In the motion, include what fund(s) will be charged with this purchase and the budget amendment.)
The Council reserves the right to retire into executive session concerning any of the items listed on this agenda whenever it is considered necessary and is legally justified under the Open Meetings Act.
This facility is wheelchair accessible and wheelchair parking is available. Requests for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the City Secretary at 254-2421 for further information or needed assistance.
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code Section 551.041. For more information or for a copy of the open meetings act, please contact the Attorney General of Texas at 1-800-252-8011 or the City Secretary at 936-254-2421.